A green or sustainable meeting is one designed, organized and implemented in a way that minimizes negative environmental impacts and leaves a positive impact for the host community. We’ve always been committed to fine catering. And today more than ever, we’re also dedicated to sustainable, environmentally friendly business practices. Like you, we are committed to making the changes necessary to minimize our impact on the environment.
Why green your meetings and events?
It’s good for business. Several companies and small businesses acknowledge that sustainability makes good business sense, and some organizations even have criteria that must be met to meet their green expectations.
It’s good of the environment. This may go without saying, but it’s always good to reflect back on why companies choose to go green in the first place.
It spreads sustainable best practices. Meetings and other events are great opportunities to raise awareness of sustainability not only among participants but also among staff and the local community. Share why reducing environmental and social impact is important to your business with all of your meeting attendees.
Key Ways to Go Green
- Select venues and vendors with green policies and practices.
- Minimize paper with web based invitations, online event registration and electronic follow-up.
- Utilize double-sided printing for all collateral and meeting related materials.
- Choose a venue with an in-house recycling program and encourage recycling.
Kahn’s Catering Green Initiative
Our goal is to continue to implement programs that will help ensure we are conserving resources, properly managing our waste and purchasing environmentally-friendly products when available. Here are some of the things Kahn’s Catering is doing to help events reduce their footprint:
- We use natural cleaning products when available.
- We recycle batteries, ink/toner, e-waste and packaging materials in our central kitchen and offices.
- We recycle paper, cardboard, glass, plastics and metal at our locations.
- We have converted to 100% recycled cocktail napkins, hand towels and bathroom tissue.
- We are nearing our goal of using 100% plant-based fiber or compostable plastic products for all single-use purposes such as to-go containers, straws, utensils, hors d’oeuvre picks, and disposable cups.
- All internal communications are done digitally, eliminating paper waste.
- Our cooking oil is recovered and recycled for use in biofuel and other non-food uses.
- Our venue, Montage, uses high efficiency LED lighting, maintains a thermostat program, and features hands-free faucets and paper towel dispensers.